‘If 5×15’s packed soirees feel like an evening of offline, communal surfing, it’s due to the eclectic menu of speakers.’ – The New York Times
5×15 is a speakers series that originated in London and has since spread to New York and Milan. It features five stellar speakers, speaking for fifteen minutes each on a topic they are deeply passionate about. The only rules: the talk should be unscripted, and fifteen minutes long. 5×15 has hosted speakers such as Gloria Steinem, Ben Okri, Brian Eno, Malcom Gladwell, Eve Ensler and Ahdaf Soueif. Since 2014, Indian Summer Festival has hosted the only Canadian iteration of 5×15.
We return for the third edition in 2016 with an all star lineup including:
- Award-winning playwright, actor and novelist Carmen Aguirre: ‘Now You See Me, Now You Don’t’
- Noted researcher and academic Dr. Rajiv Jhangiani: ‘Good vs. Evil and other myths about human nature.’
- Former Premier of British Columbia and bestselling author Ujjal Dosanjh
- Three time Lambda award nominated writer and 2016 Toronto Pride Grand Marshal Vivek Shraya: ‘The Poetics of Racism’.
- Virtuoso violinist Jeanette-Bernal Singh
The evening is hilariously and graciously hosted by Ottawa-based comedian Kalyani Pandya.
Be a part of this crowd favourite at the Imperial Nightclub. Following the talk is our roaring closing party ’Tropitaal’ featuring a Desi/Latino soundclash. Stay for a dance and make it a night out!