Box Office & Administrative Coordinator
- Year-round, part-time position with increased hours from April through July
The Box Office & Administrative Coordinator is a unique position for someone who wears multiple hats easily and loves the little details in life. Juggling box office, general administration, and office management, you are hyper-organized, reliable, versatile, cool under pressure, enjoy problem-solving and customer interaction. The Box Office & Administrative Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Finance & Operations Manager and work closely with a core team of staff, board members, and volunteers.
This is a year-round, part-time position with increased hours from April through July + additional evening & weekend hours during the festival (July 4-14, 2019)
Administration & Office Management
- General office management & maintenance, including answering phones and managing communications, correspondence, mail distribution, phone/internet, hardware/software systems, tech support, supplies, plants, cleaners, security, etc.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the computer system, including the regular back up of data.
- Maintain and enhance functionality of the organization’s internal database
- Liaise with tech support contractor to manage software/hardware equipment, applications, licenses and accounts, maintain a guide, and setup new employees
- Investigate and recommend new equipment systems/solutions for a smoother running office environment (printer, phones, etc.)
- Support with year-round communications to donors, i.e. thank-you cards, invitations
- Support with tracking in-coming donations and donor information
- Assist with creating, distributing, and collating the festival audience survey
- Assist in the planning and delivery of fundraising events
- Distribute festival promotional content and materials to community groups and organizations
Box Office Coordinator
- Manage complete box office setup in Eventbrite ticketing platform, including building seating configurations on the online ticketing system.
- Track event ticket requests, issue tickets, manage ticketing inquiries, refunds, etc.
- Manage all ticket and merchandise sales, leading up to the festival and during the festival, provide sale reports and event audits, reporting sales, discounts, holds, complimentary tickets and vouchers, inventory
- Develop relationships and maintain positive rapport with ticket vendors
- Build and supervise box office and front-of-house personnel and volunteer crew, providing necessary training and information to ensure team is properly trained regarding policies and procedures.
- Staff the box office, managing walk-up sales, will-call, patron inquiries.
Skills & Qualifications:
This is a unique opportunity to work in a bustling environment with a passionate, highly skilled, encouraging and proactive team who work hard and laugh together often. You are a great fit for this role if you possess the following attributes:
- A desire to learn and grow
- An aptitude for administration – well organized and with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Courteous, enthusiastic, flexible, task oriented, and comfortable interacting with a variety of people in different situations
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, judgment and discretion in dealing with the general public
- Excellent internet research skills & technological proficiency
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel and comfortable learning to use new software
- Excellent time management skills – able to multi-task, prioritize tasks and work to deadlines
- Committed to working as a team member – able to take direction and to work independently at times
- An interest in learning about arts administration and a passion for the arts
- An interest in seeing the South Asian Canadian community thrive
Deadline to Submit: January 27, 2019
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Gillian Cofsky, Finance & Operations Manager