COMMUNICATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Duration: Permanent, full-time; inc some evenings/weekends + flexibility
- Compensation: $55,000-60,000 salary + extended health benefits + 4 weeks holiday
- Reporting to: Managing Director
We are seeking a Communications and Fund Development Manager who will be at the forefront of nurturing our incredible network of stakeholders while attracting new audiences and supporters, always striving for maximum impact and to meet our financial targets.
Under normal circumstances you will work out of our beautiful office space on the edge of Granville Island (currently optional, with most staff working remotely from home during the pandemic). You will work with our talented, fun, driven and supportive team to promote the festival and the ISAS brand while building relationships with new and existing donors and sponsors.
This is no small task, so we are looking for a bright and engaged leader who is excited about creating world-class events that center diverse voices in the Lower Mainland. Is this you?
Here’s what you’ll be doing as Communications and Fund Development Manager:
● Oversee marketing and communication plans, activities, and budgets from development to implementation and measurement.
● Manage marketing and communications team and liaise with appropriate designers and media contacts for all digital, print, and broadcast marketing.
● Write various communications including website and social media content, speaking notes, press releases and ad copy.
● Work with publicists to identify public relations opportunities including but not limited to relationship-building with local social media influencers and media contacts.
● Help plan and execute our annual fundraising strategy and ensure donation and in-kind support targets are met.
● Build relationships with existing donors and sponsors; activate sponsorship partnerships; oversee our annual membership program.
● Prepare donor and sponsor-related communications materials.
● Track and qualify planned gift and major gift prospects.
● Represent ISAS at all donor-related activities.
● Hire and oversee a team of employees and contractors who specialize in the areas of marketing, social media, public relations and communications.
- Communications and Marketing Pro: You have a communications and marketing background, with at least 3-5 years’ work experience in progressive roles under your belt.
- Fundraiser: Ideally, you come to the table with some non-profit charity experience and/or knowledge of fund development. A minimum of 3 years’ experience is desirable.
- Strategic Thinker: You think big picture but know how to reach your goals and targets using your strong time and project management skills.
- Leadership Experience: You are a collaborative leader who motivates others to excel.
You also have the following:
- Experience in event promotions, media relations, social media, digital strategy, and website management.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills;
- Personable demeanor with professional polish expressed through well-developed oral and written communications skills
- Solid work ethic and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to speak South Asian language and/or knowledge of South Asian arts and culture an asset
- Committed to equity, diversity and inclusion practices
- Lover of arts and culture, and the world of live and digital events
Email your resume and cover letter, explaining why you are a great candidate to join our team, to laura(at)indiansummerfest(dot)ca no later than Nov 2, 2020 with job title in subject line.
We are alert and sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, and ISAS has a special concern with the participation and advancement of members of four designated groups that have traditionally been disadvantaged in employment: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities. As a result, the Society reserves the right to give preferential treatment during the hiring process to such aforementioned groups in efforts to eliminate under representation of those designated groups in the workplace.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.