- Full-time seasonal position Apr-mid-Aug (with opportunity to become permanent role)
- Reporting to the Managing Director
You are passionate about the arts and inclusion, and are enthusiastic to match our artistic and organizational ambitions with the necessary financial resources. We are looking for a candidate with great energy and enthusiasm to carry out sponsorship activations and donor benefits.
You have strong communications and project management skills, the ability to work independently and with a team to meet tight deadlines. You will work closely with our core team.
- Building relationships with existing donors and sponsors, and ensuring a rich experience, inclusive of donor recognition, reward and feedback;
- Maintaining year-round communications with funders, including written reports, funder surveys and in-person meetings. Maintaining and fulfilling an accurate list of funder benefits;
- Preparing, presenting and fulfilling comprehensive and tailored sponsorship recognition/benefits and activating comprehensive sponsorship partnerships;
- Undertaking special fundraising events;
- Implementing a donor relations and annual membership program;
- Establishing procedures for the tracking and qualifying of planned gift/major gift prospects and supporting these procedures through careful record keeping;
- Representing the organization at all donor related activities. This includes festival events, as well as other community events.
- Fundraising, sponsorship or donor relations experience, ideally in arts and/or charity
- Strong leadership, communications and project management skills
- Personable, articulate, respectful and professional
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure
- Invested in the South Asian community an asset
- Passionate about arts and culture in Vancouver as asset
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Laura Byspalko at: laura(at)indiansummerfest(dot)ca with the position in the title, explaining why you’re the perfect addition to our team.