Digital Content & Social Media Specialist
- 30-35 hours per week
- $40-$45,000 commensurate on experience
- Benefits (Health spending account + 2 weeks vacation)
Note: Depending on experience/right candidate, there could be flexibility for hours and wage: $25 hours per week for $30-$35,000.
In 8 short years, Indian Summer Festival has become one of the city’s premiere cultural events. For two weeks, the the festival hosts innovative artists, thought-leaders and visionaries of Canada, South Asia and beyond. With entrepreneurs, Nobel, Booker and Grammy prize nominees, as well as world-renowned activists, individuals come together to explore and expand our borders.
We’re looking for a strategic, creative and all-round rockstar social media & digital content coordinator. You’ll work with an outstanding team of arts-passionate go-getters to elevate this arts organization with inventive and bold strategies and implementation.
You’re a creative and motivated person who is passionate about social media, content and digital marketing. You are well-versed in current and emerging social media platforms, and excel at building content, communities, fans and audiences. You’re also hugely passionate about the arts, particularly South Asian arts.
You can develop and deliver on a killer digital strategy – encompassing digital marketing, website, social media, newsletter and content. Indian Summer Festival has a ton of awesome content (video, audio, for podcasts, etc), from our past 8 years of festivals. We need a strategy and plan for it all. Once you’ve put together the strategy, over to you to execute it!
You also know how to develop an awesome social media strategy – and execute/manage our social media channels on daily basis. This includes growing and engaging with our community, strategizing, testing and executing social media ad buys, and develop engaging paid and organic digital content.
- Digital, content & social media strategy development/planning and execution
- Development of organic and paid digital content plans
- Conduct digital marketing and social media audits and competitive analysis
- Writing creative, engaging and informative content using appropriate brand voice and best practices on social channels
- Content calendar creation
- Social media execution across a variety of channels and clients – daily posting, monitoring, community management and engagement
- Monitoring performance of social media platforms: analyze, review and report on effectiveness of content, audiences, and initiatives
- Regular reporting of key metrics
- Development and execution of paid social media strategy and digital advertising
- Using Photoshop to create captivating content that will drive engagement
- Influencer research and relations
- Planning and development of podcasts, festival video trailer, video libraries, etc
- Ideally, know video creation/editing (otherwise manage freelance resource to do this)
- Management and execution of Google AdWords campaigns
- Ideally – knowledge of WordPress, to manage ISF’s website
- Email newsletter content and campaigns
- Hire/manage festival photographers and videographers
- Manage blogger/social media team during festival
- Post-secondary education with a focus on social media, digital marketing, or communications
- 1- 2 years relevant social media and/or digital marketing experience
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, paid programs and social media platforms, tools and analytics
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Exceptional creativity – an aptitude for creating awesome strategies, generating new content and creating new ways to engage online communities
- Ability to manage priorities and balance a deadline-driven workload with complete accuracy
- Have a critical eye and strong attention to detail
- Solutions-oriented, yet results-driven, and take initiative in a fast-paced team environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and an eye for consistency across multiple projects
Deadline to Submit: February 28, 2019
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Almira Bardai, Communications & Development Manager